PSDTC Forum
PSDTC Forum
Top | Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
New here? Please register!   Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Kuntao/Kun Tao
 Kun Tao worshop went beautifully...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
psdtc

USA
6855 Posts
Posted - 10/30/2005 :  22:31:59  Show Profile  Visit psdtc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Man, I was very happy and excited to teach the Kun Tao workshop today. Everyone was really into it and trying to understand it precisely. I really got into teach all of you who attended. I am not sure how many were there but there had to be about 30 people. I thank you all for coming. We all have a common interest I see...Kun Tao Dumpag! And with good reason as you who attended can clearly see!

Ron Kosakowski
Practical Self Defense Training Center
847 Hamilton Ave. (RT 69)
Waterbury, CT 06706
203-596-9073
info@psdtc.com
http://www.psdtc.com

no-limitations

USA
63 Posts
Posted - 10/31/2005 :  11:41:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Man, I was very happy and excited to teach the Kun Tao workshop today. Everyone was really into it and trying to understand it precisely. I really got into teach all of you who attended. I am not sure how many were there but there had to be about 30 people. I thank you all for coming. We all have a common interest I see...Kun Tao Dumpag! And with good reason as you who attended can clearly see!

Ron Kosakowski
Waterbury, CT 06706
203-596-9073
info@psdtc.com

The Workshop was very good, especially the ground techniques. Although it felt a little bit awkward for me to extend my hands while someone was mounting me(fear of getting armbarred). But when the pinching and biting was added, then I saw the effectivity of the technique( "Feel it to appreciate it," as the students of the psdtc call it.) I liked the knee manipulations, the sidekicks, the roundkicks, and the other strikes given to the vulnerable points and leverage points to the body. This seminar was good all around. Congrats Ron, you've really outdone yourself. Can't wait till the next seminar.

Go to Top of Page

David VanDenAmeele

USA
234 Posts
Posted - 10/31/2005 :  17:29:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The usual good detailed info from you ,and also everytime you showed a technique you added another" dirty dirty "trick{I love those]Great attendence,everyone added to their knowledge,can't wait for the next time.Thank you.

D VanGo to Top of Page

Jkund34

USA
319 Posts
Posted - 10/31/2005 :  17:34:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya know I never miss a workshop from Ron, But I had to miss the most important workshop he's held in years, at least in my opinion. Sorry to miss this piece of history.
I hope everyone got a good taste of what Kuntao Dumpag is all about.
Ron is more than a decorated martial artist, he's a true Master in the best self defense martial art around!

Frank SummaGo to Top of Page

JP

USA
35 Posts
Posted - 10/31/2005 :  21:46:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ron does it again. Another extremely informative workshop. I realy like the way that Ron conducts his workshops. Its never a showcase of Ron Kosakowski, its always about the Martial art and he just gives it up for us. I like the way that he layers it too. We started with the very importent footwork then added the entering,the groundwork and of course the dirty little tricks. By the time he was done everyone came away with far more than they paid for! I have seen instructors that think they are royalty and just ca'nt get the info past their egos. Ron's experience and generousity is priceless!
Not to mention that infectious laugh.. Another good one for the books Ron, thank you.

Go to Top of Page

Grand Wazoo

Christmas Island
63 Posts
Posted - 11/01/2005 :  01:21:05  Show Profile  Visit Grand Wazoo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very nice flow of events at this workshop.Footwork is always good to go over,and the ground work is always fun.There was magic in the air.Or was it gas?Maybe a little of both.

"A guy walks into an armbar..."Go to Top of Page

fullcombat

USA
333 Posts
Posted - 11/01/2005 :  21:47:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also enjoyed the workshop and can see that this is a modern system solidly based on powerful traditions!

Some of the takeaways for me:

Excellent overview of the triangle footwork contained in the system and it application. As we all know footwork is very important, but often not thoroughly understood, or practiced on a daily basis. Drills were use to reinforce the application.

All the drills I thought were useful which emphasized the strategic use of the legs (leg strength and stance). Footwork and movement – i.e. using both arms, legs, whole body are weapons and used complementary to each other and used synergistically, etc..

Strategically use of “rolling” was also introduced in conjunction with the understanding of the footwork to bring out this system’s multi man oriented application. One very rarely sees rolling being introduced to both attack and evade, so it was good to see this application and an opportunity to practice it.

...and the list goes on...great workshop where each technique and drill built upon each other all the while reinforcing and cultivating awareness and sensitivity along the way!

Mike

Go to Top of Page

JohnB

USA
5 Posts
Posted - 11/02/2005 :  00:38:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent workshop Ron! A Great introduction to Kun Tao with detailed information on footwork, lines of attack, stikes, kicks and groundwork. Also a good pace, asking if there were questions, or if everyone understood the technique before moving on.

I've learned a lot of realistic techniques between this workshop and the one in Torrington a few weeks ago. I'm looking forwaqrd to learning more.

John BGo to Top of Page

lightninghands

USA
550 Posts
Posted - 11/02/2005 :  09:58:54  Show Profile  Visit lightninghands's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah man, this seminar was real nice! we finally got all that theory. ron was very meticulous at this workshop. personally i really enjoy the theory, and the history. i really feel i understand the style alot better and most of all the nature of the warriors who really had to use it! what a viscious art!

i cant wait for the next seminar. i really want anotther kinu muytai seminar. (spelling?)

Loy Lau Hoi Sung Lut Sao Jik ChunGo to Top of Page

pgarasimowicz

USA
205 Posts
Posted - 11/02/2005 :  10:53:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ron’s workshops are the best! This workshop had invaluable information on footwork patterns, striking, evading, counter attacking, and groundwork. I would have hated to miss this one.

Sorry Frank.

PaulGo to Top of Page

Francis

USA
186 Posts
Posted - 11/02/2005 :  11:28:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

i cant wait for the next seminar. i really want anotther kinu muytai seminar. (spelling?)

Kina or Kino Mutai

Silentum ExcubitorGo to Top of Page

psdtc

USA
6855 Posts
Posted - 11/02/2005 :  14:54:10  Show Profile  Visit psdtc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Kina or Kino Mutai

Silentum Excubitor

That is wording Paul Vunak uses, I do not use that wording in my Kun Tao. I just say it in English. And the biting and piching and muscle grabbing aspects is very much a science and as all of you who were there can see, very useful in combat situations if it is well understood. I thank you all for the kind words on that last workshop. I really hope it was beneficial toward your education in Kun Tao Dumpag!

Ron Kosakowski
Waterbury, CT 06706
203-596-9073
info@psdtc.com
http://www.psdtc.comGo to Top of Page

JP

USA
35 Posts
Posted - 11/02/2005 :  19:17:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know there is no substitute for consistent practice, but like lightning hands said the history is so interesting and the theory fills in alot. I know we have to practice over and over but I can sit and listen to Ron forever. The Filipino warrior mindset is amazing.

Go to Top of Page

gina

USA
86 Posts
Posted - 11/07/2005 :  11:57:58  Show Profile  Visit gina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ron does it again. Another extremely informative workshop. I realy like the way that Ron conducts his workshops. Its never a showcase of Ron Kosakowski, its always about the Martial art and he just gives it up for us. I like the way that he layers it too. We started with the very importent footwork then added the entering,the groundwork and of course the dirty little tricks. By the time he was done everyone came away with far more than they paid for!

Well Said!!!! I too enjoy the way Ron teaches at his seminars (& at his class). He starts off with the important footwork patterns for Kun Tao & branches off from there. When you are done at the end of the seminar you really do walk away remembering the techniques & are able to pull the moves off. I also have noticed that because he gives us so many different scenerios to just one technique you have an easier time understanding not only how to pull off the move but why you are able to pull it off.
I was glad to see so many of you there & having such a good time. I am always amazed at how much I still have to learn from this art. I have been here 10 years & continue to learn & grow.
This was a great seminar for self defense for both men & women! Kun Tao Dumpag is what we teach at our womens self defense seminars & for a good reason. There is no BS'ing around it is quick, to the point, painful to the attacker & deadly! Two of our students here at the PSDTC are Amy & Jen. They are both such petite women but by learning what they did at this seminar they would seem more like fighting pit bulls using these techniques!
Thanks again Ron !

GinaGo to Top of Page

psdtc

USA
6855 Posts
Posted - 11/09/2005 :  14:55:51  Show Profile  Visit psdtc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Ron does it again. Another extremely informative workshop. I realy like the way that Ron conducts his workshops. Its never a showcase of Ron Kosakowski, its always about the Martial art and he just gives it up for us. I like the way that he layers it too. We started with the very importent footwork then added the entering,the groundwork and of course the dirty little tricks. By the time he was done everyone came away with far more than they paid for!

Well Said!!!! I too enjoy the way Ron teaches at his seminars (& at his class). He starts off with the important footwork patterns for Kun Tao & branches off from there. When you are done at the end of the seminar you really do walk away remembering the techniques & are able to pull the moves off. I also have noticed that because he gives us so many different scenerios to just one technique you have an easier time understanding not only how to pull off the move but why you are able to pull it off.
I was glad to see so many of you there & having such a good time. I am always amazed at how much I still have to learn from this art. I have been here 10 years & continue to learn & grow.
This was a great seminar for self defense for both men & women! Kun Tao Dumpag is what we teach at our womens self defense seminars & for a good reason. There is no BS'ing around it is quick, to the point, painful to the attacker & deadly! Two of our students here at the PSDTC are Amy & Jen. They are both such petite women but by learning what they did at this seminar they would seem more like fighting pit bulls using these techniques!
Thanks again Ron !

Gina

I am more than happy to see these testimonials here. I know my Kun Tao is getting more popular and getting more in demand as time goes on. Keep in touch with my Events section http://psdtc.com/Events to know where I am holding workshops. I had a few calls just this week alone to go to other states to teach my Kun Tao. I hold workshops about every other month at the PSDTC. I hold workshops at a school in Torrington CT almost every 3 months. Just keep in touch with that section of the site if what I teach is of interest to you. I promise quality all the time and guaranteed you will walk away very educated in every martial art I show. I would like to thank all my long distant students and local students!

Ron Kosakowski
Waterbury, CT 06706
203-596-9073
info@psdtc.com
http://www.psdtc.comGo to Top of Page

miker

43 Posts
Posted - 12/02/2005 :  11:40:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ron Kosakowski
Waterbury, CT 06706
203-596-9073
info@psdtc.com

Ron:

Sorry to write so late, but this is my first time writing on the forum. The Kun Toa workshop was fantastic. I came away from it with more knowledge than I realized that I could learn in one afternoon.

Keep up the great work!

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

PSDTC Forum

Go To Top Of Page

The opinions expressed by the visitors to this forum are not those of the Practical Self Defense Training Center or its management.

Electronic Valley